This educational course is based on the SAMHSA TIP 57: Trauma- Informed Care in Behavioral Health Settings. Based on research almost 80% of individuals served in behavioral health settings have experienced trauma. This educational course focuses on training professionals to address trauma in treatment of individuals with co-occurring (substance use and mental health) disorders and research, outcomes, and resource information to take in consideration. This education covers Clinical Intake and Screening and Treatment Planning skill of the Eight Counselor Skill Groups ascribed by NAADAC and NCC AP.
Upon completion of this education course, the participant will be able to:
- Explain the role of the clinical assessment in the trauma informed care;
- Describe trauma specific treatment services;
- Identify the impact of trauma in treatment for co-occurring disorders.
- Professional Care Providers
- Program Planners, Administrators, & Project Managers
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Trauma-Informed Care in
Behavioral Health Services. Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP) Series 57. HHS Publication
No. (SMA) 13-4801. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services