This education course covers SAMHSAs Screening and Assessment of Co-occurring Disorders in the Justice System Publication. This training will cover evidence-based practices for screening and assessment of adults in the justice system with mental illness, substance use disorders, or co-occurring disorders. The course covers tools used and the description of tools used for assessment.This education covers the Clinical Intake and Screening skill of the Eight Counselor Skill Groups ascribed by NAADAC and NCC AP.
- Demonstrate knowledge of evidenced based practices used in the treatment and substance use, mental health, and co-occurring disorders in the justice system;
- Assess the substance use and mental health disorder criteria according to the DSM V;
- Identify tools for assessment of substance use, mental health, and co-occurring disorders in the criminal justice settings.
- Professional Care Providers
- Program Planners, Administrators, & Project Managers
- Public Health Professionals
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Screening and Assessment of Co-occurring Disorders in the Justice System. HHS Publication No. PEP19-SCREEN-CODJS. Rockville, MD:
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 2015.
Exam written by: Tamika Lett, PhD Human Services, NCAC II, CSAC, CCTP, QMHP A/C