This education course is based on the SAMHSAs TIP 53: Addressing Viral Hepatitis in Substance Use Treatment. Hepatitis is prevalent in the substance use community particularly with intravenous substance users. This training will provide education and tools for counselors and clinical staff to use with patients and families in behavioral health treatment. This education covers the Clinical Intake and Screening, Case Management, and Counseling Services skills of the Eight Counselor Skill Groups ascribed by NAADAC and NCC AP.
- Explain the role of the clinical assessment and screening in hepatitis treatment;
- Demonstrate an understanding of helping clients make medical decisions surrounding Hepatitis treatment;
- Identify tools to use with treatment planning for individuals with Hepatitis.
- Prevention Professionals
- Professional Care Providers
- Public Health Professionals
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (2016). Take Action Against
Hepatitis C: Education Session Guide. HHS Publication No. (SMA) 16-4966. Rockville, MD:
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
Exam written by: Tamika Lett, PhD Human Services, NCAC II, CSAC, CCTP, QMHP A/C