This educational course is based on the SAMHSA TIP 56: Behavioral Health Treatment for Men. The course readings will highlight gender specific substance use and co-occurring treatment for men. There will also be a review of patterns treatment and research based resources and tools to assist with treatment planning specific to men. This education covers Treatment Planning skill of the Eight Counselor Skill Groups ascribed by NAADAC and NCC AP.
- Explain the patterns of substance use among men;
- Assess the role of gender specific research and best practices in treatment planning;
- Identify treatment issues specific to men;
- Identify specific treatment modalities for me.
- Prevention Professionals
- Professional Care Providers
- Program Planners, Administrators, & Project Managers
- Public Health Professionals
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Addressing the Specific Behavioral
Health Needs of Men. Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP) Series 56. HHS Publication No.
(SMA) 13-4736. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration,
Exam written by: Tamika Lett, PhD Human Services, NCAC II, CSAC, CCTP, QMHP A/C