This educational course is based on the SAMHSA TIP 55: Behavioral Health Services for People Who Are Homeless publication. Many homeless people struggle with addiction and are diagnosed with co-occurring disorders. This course covers resources and tools to assist professionals in treatment planning. This course also covers barriers and challenges with treatment for the homeless population and evidenced based practices professionals can use. This education covers the Treatment Planning skill of the Eight Counselor Skill Groups ascribed by NAADAC and NCC AP.
- Describe barriers and challenges to treatment planning for homeless population;
- Demonstrate knowledge of treatment planning and tools to support the homeless population;
- Identify resources and evidenced based practices targeted to homeless populations.
- Non-Profits & Faith-Based Organizations
- Professional Care Providers
- Program Planners, Administrators, & Project Managers
- Public Health Professionals
- Public Officials
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Behavioral Health Services for People Who Are Homeless. Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP) Series 55. HHS Publication No.(SMA) 13-4734. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration,
Exam written by: Tamika Lett, PhD Human Services, NCAC II, CSAC, CCTP, QMHP A/C